Friday, July 13, 2012

Musings


I swear, I'm going to return home with a British accent!

Three of our staff members are from England, and every time I have a prolonged conversation with one of them, I find my voice changing slightly. As it is, and coming from Florida, I don't have a strong accent of my one, and I think I may be prone to picking up others' speech. An Australian I met today couldn't tell from my voice where I was from, she said my accent was too soft to tell. I rather like that, but then again, I am overly fond of puzzles, and perhaps too intrigued by any possibility of becoming one.  

Today was exhausting, we spent almost six hours at the school working on the curriculum and lesson plans (the children were on holiday), but I feel like we didn't accomplish much. The teaching portion of my life here is currently quite stressful and overwhelming, but I'm currently in a pleasant mood that I'd rather not shatter, so I'll report on the school once I've met the students and have a better idea of what exactly will be taught.

And with that, I'm off. I start training for my Earth Lodge shifts in the morning, under Emma. I'm quite excited, but I must be ready at 7:30, so I'll be calling it a night soon. My schedule has shifted so much here, I've become quite the early bird. But first, I must read more from Redwall, because I've become quite addicted, which I swear is all the fault of Kylie Foley, as she reminded me of their existence. I loved the stories in elementary school, and I feel no shame in admitting that I'm rereading children's novels.

Sometimes I feel they have the best lessons.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment