I am blessed to have a family bursting with creativity: my mother is an artist and an incredible photographer, whose
work will likely make several cameos here, my big sister has an absolutely
gorgeous blog where she chronicles her life as momma to my nieces and nephew- a
blog that just earned her the rather prestigious title of Top New York Mom Blogger,
my sister in law has the loveliest blog, where she stitches together her own
stories that allows me glimpses of my nephew and niece, stories and pictures
that help me feel connected to my family, even though I’m a few countries away
from them, my "little sister" (we're not actually blood related, we don't care) writes so eloquently that her emails alone can bring me to tears- to say nothing of her stories. Even my dear friend and college roommate keeps up with an adorable, crafty little blog. I suppose this should be more of an impetus for me to blog too- to
let them into my world as they have let me into theirs. And yet, when faced with
the rather daunting idea of documenting my own life on the web, especially with
the rather iffy Internet we deal with here, the knowledge that my thoughts will
be floating out there somewhere for anyone to stumble across, and these rather
big footsteps to follow after…. well, it has been easier to just let this space
sit fallow and abandoned.
And yet, my mother begs me almost every day to post more
pictures, my big sister aptly reminded me that life today is a memory tomorrow,
and one worth being recorded to look back upon, my sister-in-law responds with
such joy and encouragement whenever I reach out to her, my little sister and
countless friends want stories from Guatemala… you get the picture. Suffice it
to say I’ve been a bit dense…
My life is filled with inspirational artists, whose
creativity should be a source of encouragement rather than comparison, and so
this is me laying aside my excuses about time (my sisters have toddlers and
young children) and internet (Microsoft word works perfectly well without it),
and big shoes to follow (I have three older siblings, that’s nothing new).
Besides, I am living an incredible life, God’s nudges
braiding together with my choices to show me something extraordinary every day;
I want to remember all of this, and I have so much to say, which means I am
reviving this space, in the hopes it will serve for me a chronicle, a cathartic
keeper of memories, as my sister says her blog is for her. A space, if not a
room, of my own.
Welcome in.
You don’t need
endless time and perfect conditions. Do it now. Do it today. Do it for twenty
minutes and watch your heart start beating. -Barbara Sher
No comments:
Post a Comment